Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Day 115: McDonalds

Clara went to McDonalds with her cousin this week.  (Or as Clara calls it: Ronald McDonald's) 

Ok, I know this is supposed to be a picture blog (meaning not too many words.)  But I have to tell this story because I'm so proud of my little Clara.  Clara wanted to bring her happy meal toy with her when she played on the equipment.  At first I said no, because I knew she would lose it and we would have serious issues the entire rest of the day.  But she begged me, so I told her she could if she promised not to cry if she dropped it or accidentally left it somewhere.  She promised and off she went to play.  She was so good keeping track of it until the last 10 minutes or so.  When it was time to leave, it was no where to be found.  We did look for it, but we needed to go, and it wasn't in the play area, so some other kid probably took it any way.  So here comes the proud part.  Clara started to cry.  I gently reminded her of her promise, and she actually stopped!  She was only sad for about 15 minutes, and then she didn't bring it up again!  I couldn't believe it!  If you know my daughter well, you know how huge this was for her to not be sad for hours about something like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment