Sunday, March 11, 2012

Day 71: Treasure Map

So in Sunday School today, Clara's class talked about how Jesus's scriptures were scrolls and were shown a piece of paper made to look like a scroll so they could see what a scroll looked like.  Clara decided it looked like a treasure map, so she wanted to draw one.  She kept asking me to draw things for her and I finally told her she should draw things herself.  When she complained she didn't know how to draw a treasure, a friend in the class piped up, "I know how!"  Her friend then drew the purple squiggle at the bottom of the page.  Clara brought the map over to me, and while desperately trying to hold back tears, asked, "Does this look like a treasure map?" 
I emphatically answered, "Oh yes!"
Actually crying at this point, "But I think it looks like a shoe!"
"Well, how about we make the map have to walk past the shoe to get to the treasure."  I then drew the treasure for her after all........

No comments:

Post a Comment